You are an important part of the MainStreet community! By participating in one of our grant programs, your business will enhance the overall visual quality of downtown, in turn creating a more positive image of Lovington.
Lovington MainStreet is currently offering funding through the programs listed below. Click on a link to learn more about the individual grant.
Downtown Property Match Grants FAQClick arrow to expand/collapse FAQ
- Who can apply? Only properties located in the Downtown District.
- Where is the Downtown District? The Downtown District runs from Ave D to Madison Avenue and from 2nd Street to Love Street. See Map.
- What is a match grant? A match grants require the applicant to provide funds in addition to the grant award. For example, if MainStreet awards you $2000 you must also put in $2000 towards the project.
- Does the match have to be in dollars? Yes and no. Lovington MainStreet offers two grants, Behind the Façade and the Façade Improvement Program. Behind the Façade requires a full dollar match; however, the Façade Improvement Program allows for an in-kind match.
- What is an in-kind match? An in-kind match means you can include your time, labor, services as part of your match.
- What does each grant cover? The Façade Improvement Program can only be used for exterior upgrades, i.e., windows, signage, exterior lighting, exterior paint, stucco, or brick repairs. Behind the Façade can be used for major renovations required for the building to be brought up to code or for a new business. Behind the Façade includes, but is not limited to, plumbing, hazard/environmental abatement, electrical, HVAC, fire suppression system, wall modifications, and roof.
- Can I apply for both? Yes, however if you were previously awarded you may have to wait a year.
- How much money can I be awarded? The Façade Improvement Program awards a maximum of $2,500 and Behind the Façade has a maximum of $10,000.
- Do I receive the money up front? No, the award is reimbursement based. This means you spend the money and submit receipts to MainStreet and then you will receive a check for amount awarded.
- When does the project have to be completed by? You have one year from the time you receive your award.
- What if I don’t finish in time? No worries, we understand construction projects can take time, you can apply for an extension.
- I already started my project; can I still apply? Yes, however match must be spent after awarded. This means any money or in-kind spent before awarded will not count towards your match.
- I don’t own the property; can I still apply? Of course, however, you will need permission from the property owner.
- Will everyone who applies receive funding? No, this is a competitive grant. A special committee selects applicants based on application strength, extra points will be given to applicants that are active and involved in the district.